Thursday, September 1, 2011

Home

Home is a great place to be.

I love my home, I love my house, I love the land that my house sits on.

I enjoy walking out in the yard and seeing the pretty flowers in bloom.

I am treated to a paradise of thought when I really look at the pictures on the walls of my home.

I feel content when I put on my apron and get to work in my cozy kitchen.

I enjoy the feel of the worn wooden floor under my feet as I wander from room to room putting things in their proper place.

I feel enlightened as I choose a book from the shelves that are filled with knowledge, thoughts and mental getaways.

I love the feeling of coziness I get in our family room when it is lamplit at night and I am wrapped in a warm quilt.

I enjoy my home when it is brimming with the laughter of small children running about exploring corners to be found only at grandma's house.

I am thankful for a peaceful moment when a loved one will sit on the lawn swing with me and talk about what is happening in their life.

I am thankful for the energy to still be able to take a piece of sand paper, a paint brush or a trowel and continue the work that is making my dream of our fixer upper come true.

I have traveled the far corners of the world this summer. I have been home but a few weeks and have spent the time digging into deep corners that have wanted attention for a while. I have enjoyed vacuuming away cobwebs and dusting edges that sit and wait until it is their turn.

As the saying goes:
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

I am glad for the opportunity to travel.

I am thankful for a sweet place to come home to.




No comments:

Post a Comment