Monday, October 17, 2011

BooBoos

When my grand daughter and I were walking today she got very excited to show me the squashed witch on her neighbor's door. As we neared the house Eden broke out out into a run, tripped and fell, scraping her knee. The tears fell like Niagara Falls, and all of a sudden she was not able to walk another step. She perched herself on the stroller and when we reached her house she hopped all the way up the stairs to where her mother was resting, hoping some mother love would heal the bloody (two drops worth) mess.

As her mother tried to console her the tears fell again, and even harder as the bandage was put in place. Eventually a popsicle eased her pain and within time (an hour) she declared herself all better!! Amazing recovery.

Now if only that amazing recovery could work for her mother and grandmother.

Over the fourth of July my sweetheart and I put a tile floor down during our laundry room remodel. In so doing I put my hips out. A few trips to the doctor and a number of weekly trips to my favorite Physical Therapist and I am on the mend, hoping that someday soon I will be all better.

About the time of Labor Day my daughter put her back out again. She was in an automobile accident a number of years ago and suffered a broken back. After 3 pregnancies and reaching the ripe old age of 30 her back is just not as strong as it should be. Now every activity in her busy day is an exercise in terrible pain.

I wish I had a magic bandage and miracle kiss to make her booboo all better. Instead I say a prayer for her and drive the 3 hours to stay for a few days to give a little help with her family.

Booboos are no fun. Most can be mended in time. Patience is a word I wish I did not have to hear so often. I wish the back and hips could heal as quickly as that bloody knee. That was an amazing recovery--Oh to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment