Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Livin the Dream

Today my sweetheart and I toured America's largest house, Biltmore Estate.

It was a lovely dream home for a wealthy family, now shared with the world.

We have been gone a while and I am anxious to get home to my own little piece of heaven.

True we do not have over 200 rooms and we make just 2 bathrooms work, but it is the corner of the world that we call home.

We sat on the veranda at the Biltmore today and enjoyed the lovely view, but I have found the view from our front porch to be just as rejuvenating.

I love gathering our family in the dining room around my grandmother's table, it is best when all 30 of us are present, though it is fulfilling when it is just my country gentleman and me.

I call my sweetheart my country gentleman and when I do he shudders just a bit.

I tell him that his new full time job is to take care of our assets and together we will keep our country home running smoothly.

He blushes and tells me to stop teasing--that I have read too many period novels.

I remind him that we live on 6 acres in the woods and he is a gentleman--kind and thoughtful.

We will be home again tomorrow, the dogwoods are in bloom and the azaleas should be in bright color.

The plan for this week is a bit of landscaping, flower beds, fresh mulch.

A few grandchildren are coming to visit and spend a few days.

Life is good for us as we live our happy lives in our modest country home.

A home filled with love and laughter is a rich home indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment