Monday, April 9, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't

This week it is more like sometimes I can and sometimes I can't

On Holidays I love to set my grandma's table with pretty dishes, fancy silverware, cloth napkins, and use pretty serving dishes

The best part of the meal is to gather my family and spend time with them.

For Christmas I have holiday plates with an outdoor theme, birds and pinecones wrapped in ribbon. For Thanksgiving I set the table with blue Currier and Ives dishes that have beautiful scenes printed on them. For Easter I have china printed with pastel flowers and a silver edge, these were my mother in law's that I inherited.

This Easter, even though I felt keenly aware of the love of my Savior and His atoning sacrifice for me, all I could muster was paper plates, napkins and cups.

We had a ham, sliced and barbequed by my dear husband.

I cut up some apples, put out carrots, warmed up some broccoli and baked some cut up rosemary potatoes

We did not even have pie

My police officer son was on the schedule to work, but at the last moment received a few hours off and surprised me--He has not been home for Sunday dinner for many months--this was not my best offering--but

It was the meal that I could do and it was filled with simple love

My family was gathered around my grandmothers table, physically 6 adults and 4 children, yet in my mind I had 14 adults and 17 grand children, all smiling, talking and laughing.

With paper the clean up is quick and easy--time enough to play a game....

Sometimes I can do it up with linen napkins and heritage china.

Sometimes it is paper plates and finger foods

Yet I hope those I love know that I try to serve with a smile and a prayer of thanks for my many blessings--

My cup runneth over with love,

Simple pure love

1 comment:

  1. :-) Love this post!
    Sorry you weren't feeling better - but so glad you could enjoy being with family on Easter.

    ReplyDelete