Friday, May 4, 2012

Bright and Clear

When I was in kindergarten they took all of us to the school nurse's office to view the E chart.  After that brief experience my mom took me to the doctor's office to look at his E chart.  I put my little hand up, down, to the right and to the left, it was fun waving my hand at random.

When my oldest went to kindergarten they had a vision screening for siblings.  My second daughter was three and I wondered how she would be able to decipher the E chart, but to my amazement they showed her small drawings she could name.

My husband recently went to get his eyes checked, they showed him the WHOLE ALPHABET!!!  Then they put this giant pair of glasses on him and asked him if he liked 1 or 2  as they changed the lenses.  Can the answer be neither?

The first day I wore my bright blue glasses I noticed there were leaves on the trees.  WOW, who knew--individual leaves you could see.

My sweetheart was 3 when he got his first pair of glasses.

My daughter was not quite 4.  My youngest son was in Kindergarten.

My oldest son looks very distinguished in his glasses that he has worn for a few years now.

My oldest had 5 children when she got her first pair of glasses and my youngest daughter got hers last month.

I still have one son with perfect vision, so perfect that he is a sharp shooter on the SWAT team of  the police department he works for.  Keep eating those carrots, Kevan.

I have been blessed with 17 grandchildren.  Victoria wears clear lens glasses occasionally because she thinks they make her look smart.

This week I am visiting my grandchildren in Charlotte.  Connor looks so natural in his new glasses.  Last night I was sitting with his mother when I heard him calling from his bedroom.  He had been laying in bed reading and was ready to go to sleep.  He handed me his glasses and asked me to put them in his glass case--so responsible.

He is the first of 17.  He loves his new glasses.  I told him the story of me and the leaves on the trees.  Then he said of course trees have leaves, but it is nice to see them individually.  Connor is in 3rd grade and he can now see the world bright and clear from where he is standing.

I took my husband in for some new frames to go with his bi-focal prescription.  I think he looks handsome and distinguished with his silver hair and the wide ear pieces.  We also chose some sunglasses.  The first thing the children said was to remember to take them off at the beach-- another story for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment