Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grandma's Gentle Words

I am a lucky girl.  Both of my grandmothers lived until just a few years ago, when I was well into my adult years.

They both taught me many great things to remember and guide my life.

One item of business that I often have time to reflect on is:

THERE IS NO ROOM IN A HAPPY LIFE FOR JEALOUSLY

I have found that if I start feeling a bit under appreciated or achieved, a good dose of good deeds for others cures that ill feeling.  When the green monster of jealousy rears it's head in relationships it usually comes out in unkind words and actions.  When you are feeling attacked from nowhere it is usually because the attacker is feeling jealous.  I find it best to try not to be that person.

Another of my grandmother's wise words were these:

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR HURT FEELINGS IN A HAPPY LIFE

Sometimes it is best to resolve a matter by talking about the issue with the person who has offended you.  But, sometimes you just have to walk away and let time work it's magic.  It may be best to just lay low for a while. Then, when circumstances bring both of you together, go forward without looking back and dredging up old issues.  The two of you may always disagree, but a relationship on some level is better than none at all.  Remember TIME is your friend in this matter. Give it some time.

As our world swirls with commotion friend will be pitted against friend and families will be torn apart on issues that seem and are innocent at the start.  We live in perilous times.

Grandma also taught:

BE KIND IN ALL YOU DO

SMILE

REMEMBER TO PRAY

YOU ARE SPECIAL TO ME

I am thankful for my wise grandmothers who helped me see the world from their point of view, after years of experiences they could see the good and look past the rough.

A smile makes a world of difference.  Kind words build bridges.  Time heals open wounds.  Prayer mends a broken heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment