Thursday, October 7, 2010

Beautiful

Last year at this time my daughter and her family were here awaiting the birth of her fifth child and fourth daughter.

Isabella Rose was born on October 7th, at the hospital. Not at the U2 concert, or in the car. Her daddy was here, thank goodness. Shawna had been here for a month with the children by herself. She managed like a trooper and I was so proud of her. We were all happy when Sean arrived.

As Bella and I spent time together this summer I truly enjoyed her company. The two of us spent many hours walking--or rather I walked and she came along in her rolling throne, better known as a stroller.

I could get her attention by calling out "Beautiful Baby!!" and she would light up and smile from ear to ear. Then I would smile from ear to ear.

Bella is a lucky girl to have 3 sisters and a handsome brother. She is now living in Berlin, Germany--many hours away from here and I miss her greatly. I miss her smile. I miss the opportunity to walk with her every day.

In her short year of life Bella has lived in Azerbaijan, and Germany. She has had lengthy stays in NC and UT. She has been to Disney twice, once in California, once in Europe and to Busch Gardens in Virginia. She is definately a world traveler.

Bella looks just like her mommy did, a beautiful round faced Gerber baby. I look at her and the years melt away. I love you Beautiful Baby. I miss you Beautiful Baby. I am glad you are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment