Monday, October 11, 2010

Memory Lane

This last weekend I got to take a walk down memory lane.

I spent two days with my aunt. She lives in the home she and her husband bought as newly weds in 1950. It is a beautiful little cottage in the middle of California mini mansions.

I went to church at the same building I attended 50 years ago. My dad, uncles and grandfather helped build that building. I saw and visited with people who have known me since I was a little girl.

I drove by our house. My mom and dad built an addition on that house. They bought it when I was little and brought my siblings there as babies.

My elementary school is gone and so is grandma and grandpa's house, but, as I drove by I could see it all so clearly in my mind's eye.

I was a lucky girl that grew up with my cousins as siblings and my aunts and uncles treated me the same as their own children. My grandparents lived 4 blocks from us, a block from school. I walked to school every day with my best friend, Vicki Witt.

For dessert after dinner yesterday, my aunt served her famous cherry pie. Flaky, sweet, delicious. Grandma baked delicious pies. I have not been able to replicate them, though I have figured out the rolls and bread.

It was a wonderful walk. Thank you sweetheart for taking me with you on this trip. I am having a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment