Friday, March 25, 2011

Strolling

The weather has changed--at least for these few days--and the birds beckon for a stroll down the lane.

I have found that taking a walk out in the fresh air helps clear my brain and soul.

I stretch myself both mentally and physically as I walk along and think.

After a walk I seem to have more energy to tackle the tasks of the day.

Plenty of studies have been done to tell us that getting out and exercising is beneficial. Walking is my exercise choice.

I have found that when a toddler is cranky, and a nap is not in order, a ride in the stroller changes attitudes for all parties.

Last week my granddaughter Katya was having a rough time of it. When I suggested a walk she grabbed her blanket and climbed in the stroller. I suggested she put on her shoes and she said NO!! She did not want any chance of losing her seat and needing to walk.

Later that week I took my 2 year old grandson, Denim, for a few hours so his mom and dad could paint the deck without his help. At first he voiced his displeasure of being separated from his mother. He changed his opinion when I got out the stroller and offered a walk. He sat up and enjoyed our stroll down the greenway.

My daughter has been on solo duty managing her large household while her husband is out of town on business. The responsibility became a bit overwhelming so she loaded the baby in the stroller, after she dropped the older children at school, and walked for over an hour. She said that when she went back to the house she had a plan and was ready to face the challenge.

Walking outside offers a clear outlook.

Take a stroll and give yourself a mental lift, you will be glad you did. For bonus points, take a baby with you. Take a few deep breaths and enjoy a fresh perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment