Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crafting with the Girls

I am visiting my daughter this week.

Today we are working on a project for the young women at church.

Three generations sitting down with watered down paint and wooden blocks.

It brings back memories from when my grandmother visited about 10 years ago.

I had a pile of vintage silverware that needed to be polished.

My mother, grandmother and I spent many hours over the course of several days wiping, washing and shining.

My grandmother was elbow deep in blackness.

The end result was beautiful.

Our blocks will be beautiful when they are finished as well.

Three different generations in the same family.

The last time I was the grand daughter, this time the grandmother.

Passing down the desire to make our homes and lives lovely with the work of our own hands.

It has been a good visit

No comments:

Post a Comment