Monday, May 16, 2011

A Stitch in Time

I have spent a good deal of time in my sewing room lately. Not sewing from a piece of fabric and a pattern, but taking things from my closet and store rack that are not quite what I want and unpicking and restitching until it is.

It has been quite rewarding to remake a few garments that fit my budget but not my taste. Through all of this remaking I hope to have a few items in my wardrobe that will gracefully go from suitcase to summer event. We have a bit of travel planned for the next few months and I want to feel pretty.

I have learned that just because something does not quite fit the latest fashion does not mean it has finished it's wearability. Sometimes it just needs a new hem, changing out a cuff or choosing a different waistband. Every girl knows that adding some new jewelery makes a big difference as well.

I have had fun creating in my treetop kingdom of lace, ribbon and elastic. I hope all of our plans for summer fun come together as well as the ruffled blouse has.

No comments:

Post a Comment