Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sadness

One of the blessings of living in the same place for over 20 years is that you get to see the kids grow up, get married and have children of their own.

Last Sunday at church 3 of my youngest boy's friends from their teen and early 20's were visiting with their wives and babies. It was fun to see these young men wrap their arms around their wives, care for, kiss and coo at their babies. They have grown into fine men---and I remember when I had my doubts---but time and experience show that, thank goodness, teenagers usually grow up into fine adults.

At the family reunion the "Wedding Game" was played (Newlywed Game). They ask silly questions to one spouse and the other has to guess the answer. Well the question to the women was "Before we were married my husband used to _______ but now he ______ ." One fellow had the greatest answer....Before we were married I used to raise he... but now I raise kids.

It has been fun to watch the youth in our area find someone special to marry and then start their own families. Some have struggled with starting that family and it has been a delight to see them finally hold a prayed for and worked for baby that they cherish and love. Unfortunately sometimes it takes longer and the outcome is not as hoped for.

Today I am attending a funeral for a friends grandbaby. I am reminded of my own sweet grandchild who is an angel in heaven. As I pray for my friend and her daughter as they mourn their loss, I pray for their strength to make it through the years and see blessings for this experience. I say an extra prayer for my Caroline and her parents. I am thankful for eternal families and the blessings of eternal truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment