Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another Year Older and New Beginnings

I am thrilled to announce that we have a new baby to celebrate. Miss Preslee Brynn was born earlier this week after a little scare for her mother and father. She decided to greet the world face first--though it was a wonderful thought, it presented a grave issue that the inspired doctor was able to deal with. I know that mommy and daddy had not gone into the birthing center with thoughts of a C-section, but when Preslee decided to enter the world in her own unique and very rare way the entire family was thankful for a healthy and happy outcome for both mommy and baby. Miss Preslee weighs in at 7 pounds 8 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long. She has a smattering of light brown hair and a sweet little cry. Her grandfather says that she is definitely a member of the family--After the scare he noticed a few new grey hairs--Yes, she is ours.

The day after Preslee was born we celebrated 27 years for Uncle B. Brian admits that he was a bit disappointed that Preslee came 2 hours and 6 minutes too early to share his birthday, but we all agree a healthy baby two hours earlier than expected is a much sweeter prize than the distress her mother was beginning to feel and the strain on the babies neck.

Later this week we will recognize the decade remembrance of our oldest grandchild, Dallin. It seems like just yesterday when he was the sweet new baby we welcomed into the world on a warm June evening. Now he is an active and happy 10 year old boy who still brings his family great joy.

On that same day I take time to recognize my sweet sister, Ann, and the pleasure it has been to have her for a sister. I am excited because next week I get to go and spend an entire week with her. Lucky me.

To round out that family day I also take time to remember my great grandmother, Marie Elizabeth Sorensen Jensen. She was a strong and great woman who raised her family alone after her husband died young. It was at her request that I have my name, after her mother.

Now that is a busy week--but the birthday fun is not over yet--a week later my sweet husband will celebrate another year closer to retirement, meaning more time to go and visit these wonderful members of our family.


Happy Birthday everyone, and welcome to the family my sweet Preslee

No comments:

Post a Comment