Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June??

Where have all of the days gone?? Where are the blog postings??

Packed in my suitcase, tucked away in the memories of my mind and images of my camera.

I loved the days with Shawna's family. Making memories, having fun. Deer eating from my hand, Saturday at the baseball diamond, watching the Europeans sunbathe at the lake, trampoline time, sunlight from 4am until 11pm, walking in the woods.

I rushed home from Germany and was greeted at the airport by my new grandbaby and her parents--was it just 9 months ago they met me at the airport to tell me the baby was on her way??

Beautiful baby Preslee is the sweetest new baby, sleeps well, eats well and is up to date on the fertilizing task. Her mom is healing nicely from the surgery--what a scare. Kevan and Brooke are enjoying Kevan's time off from work as they wrap their arms and hearts around Miss Preslee and the joy she has brought into their home.

After only two days at home the suitcase is repacked and we are off again. First stop, Oak Harbor, Washington--my birthplace. My father was in the Navy when I was born. Only lived there a few months and have never returned until now. We had a lovely day exploring the sights of the town and driving through the base. Bought a vintage tablecloth to tuck into my bag to remember the moment--it was brand new the last time I was in town, now it is an antique--what does that make me??

Family reunion with my parents and siblings--cruising to Alaska. An amazing vacation, beautiful sights, family memories. Breath taking views. Thoughts of my forebears who traveled to the US many years ago in the strong holds of a ship under very poor circumstances. Giggling with my sister and mother as we went on a treasure hunt for jewels and gems. Delicious food. Family pictures. Watching my dad fulfill a dream. Making my mother proud. Seeing my brothers be happy in marriage. My sweetheart's birthday and thoughts from my siblings of their love for him. Family time.

Home again for the three last days of the month. Baby Preslee has grown and changed. Having fun teaching the kids a new card game. Organizing the travel trinkets; hats, bags and jewels. Help Teri remake a dress for her cross country trip. Unpack, do the laundry, tidy the house, pick up the pieces of my everyday life. Prepare to dismantle and remodel the laundry room (we have 3 weeks to accomplish the task before packing our bags again for the north/south 8 year old adventure trip scheduled for the middle of July, but that is next month's story).

The month has flown by, my flowers are blooming and the grass keeps growing--in spots--guess it all grows better with a little bit of attention. The answering machine is full and I have not had enough courage to look at the list of emails awaiting attention.

5 days at home--not all together--is a very short month.

Memories a mile long and a world wide.

Content to be at home--for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful days of travel and adventure! Lucky you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete