Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happiness

Yesterday I went to the Doctor. He said that this weekend or whenever my foot swelling goes down enough to get a shoe on I can do it. Yippee!!! So I tried my loosest shoe--my big old comfie crocs--just to see how we were doing-- they didn't fit. I tried my husbands comfie, loose really big on me crocs and---they did not fit ;o( Guess me and the big ole boot will be friends for yet a while longer.

I guess I have two choices about the situation--be happy or cry. When I was younger and things did not go my way, I would cry and try to force fit my will on any situation that came up--well maybe that was just yesterday, but I digress--

Now that I am older I hope I am wiser and can realize that when things do not go my way, there might be something in the situation for me to learn.

Abraham Lincoln once said
"We are as happy as we make up our minds to be."

I find this thought to be true--happiness is a choice--I choose to be happy. I can walk--slow and wobbly it is true-- but I can walk.

Maybe I should tie a big red bow around that ole boot??

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marta, how I love reading your wise council that shines through everyday experiences. Sorry your still stuck with the boot!!!!

    ReplyDelete