Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mr Wonderful

Every girl should have a Mr. Wonderful in their life. I found mine almost 38 years ago. We were standing on the beach in Southern California and I remember seeing sunburned feet. I also remember attending a friends wedding reception and this guy pushing his Mustang to get it started. At the time I did not know I would be spending my life loving and caring for that man. But I have, and I am thankful.

Mr. Wonderful had a birthday this week--#62!! He is no longer the young man I married, but, he is the man I fell in love with. He is kind and thoughtful. Most often he tries to meet my needs before his own. He is a good father and provider. We are good friends.

I love to watch Mr. Wonderful with the grandchildren. He is in his element when sitting in his chair, a child on his lap, watching the movie Cars. When all of our children are in town visiting he grins from ear to ear. Last week our daughter wrote a special Father's Day remembrance for him, as he read it a tear trickled down his cheek. He loves his children and enjoys their visits and telephone calls.

After 38 years he still calls me beautiful. He makes me happy. I enjoy spending my days loving and caring for this great guy--my Mr. Wonderful.

Happy Birthday, Honey!!




No comments:

Post a Comment