Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jet Lag

How can I have jet lag when I have not been on a plane for over 3 weeks?? Just sympathetic?? Or maybe it is the rush, rush of getting ready, the 6 hour drive, the hours of loading and unloading the cars, babies and little ones who can't sleep and need grandma's attention at 2am.

At 7pm tonight everyone in the hotel room is asleep except grandma who is waiting for grandpa's telephone call. I finally figure out how to use the internet in the hotel to check the mail, view my daughters hilariously humorous blog entry and laugh out loud in the hotel lobby (where I am hanging out because all are asleep in the room). I am watching the clock, hoping grandpa calls quick because I, too, would like to join the rest of the family in snoozeville.

The Flanafamily is so exhausted. After over 24 hours of traveling they are entitled to their weariness. This is our third night here. The first night we got 4 hours of sleep. Last night the children started waking up at 2am. I have had all of the children share the bed with me at some time during the night each night. Tonight is another opportunity to saw logs. The first child fell asleep for the night at 5:30 wearing his sleeping mask and sun glasses sitting in front of the TV waiting for dinner.

Grandpa just called, we had a nice visit but now it is time to jump into bed and try to sleep while the opportunity affords itself. Tomorrow we drive back to NC. The adventure begins.

I've heard it said that it takes one day for each hour of time difference to recover from jet lag--9 hours difference--maybe we can begin a good sleep routine again next week!!

2 comments: