Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I called my dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day and to tell him how much I love him. It was so good to talk to him. I miss my daddy. He lives on the other side of the country and the miles are many. Talking to him I was warmed by his laughter and concern for me and my growing family.

Growing up I knew my dad could do anything. He could repair what was broken, he could build and create whatever was needed, he managed all that needed to be done. He led our family in prayer and took us to church, showing the way to spirituality. He loves my mother and showed it in the way he treated her and us.

When I married, he treated my husband with respect, lovingly teaching us how to be a married couple. He helped us remodel our first, second--every house--we bought. I always knew that daddy could make it better.

I am a lucky girl. I have a wonderful father. I have the best husband a girl could dream of. I have 3 great son's who have become amazing men. My daughters have blessed me with 3 sons in law who are loving fathers and kind husbands.

Happy Father's day to the men in my life. I love you with all my heart. You make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment