Friday, July 9, 2010

The Family Blizzard

A good friend once reminded me that trying to clean your house with small children at home is like trying to shovel snow in a blizzard. Slowly but surely my small children have all grown up and now have small children of their own. I did not realize that my family blizzard was only an occasional visit now and not a daily occurrence.

My daughter and her family of 5 small ones have been staying with us this last month. Cherrios in the carpet and juice drip smiles. Sticky fingers and sweet kisses. Toys and books, dreams and schemes. It has been a wonderful month.

I have spent the last three days wiping off the stair rail and mopping up the floors. I miss the little ones, (they have gone to visit their other grandparents) but not the blizzard they bring with them. I will clean and scrub for the few weeks they are gone and look forward to their return. A daily blizzard is a small price to pay for sweet kisses and tight hugs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping the little fingerprints on my windows as a souvenir...who needs clean windows??

    ReplyDelete