Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mistakes

I have been spending some time in my sewing room lately. It is pleasant to be in there to create or repair that which needs and desires to be done. I have an important tool that I seem to be using quite often lately--the
seam ripper.

As I have been removing stitches and redoing that which I did wrong, I have been thinking about mistakes in life. It is unfortunate, but true, that everybody makes mistakes. Most are not intentional. Quite often, in hind sight, we can see where we might have been at fault. But, everybody makes mistakes.

I have realized that the words I AM SORRY, MY FAULT, and EXCUSE ME, are seam rippers in the fabric of life. Believing that you do not make mistakes does not make you the one and only perfect person living on the earth--it makes you WRONG, PROUD and A DIFFICULT PERSON to be around.

I have learned that using the three little words--I AM SORRY--(even when in truth, from my point of view, the misunderstanding was not mine)--make the living sweeter. Having smooth seams and a good fit are more important than being RIGHT or WINNING. Saying "I am sorry" smooths the fabric of life.

The only perfect person lived on the earth 2000 years ago. Every person before or since has made mistakes. I am so glad that those three little words (I am sorry) are in our vocabulary. When coupled with three more--I LOVE YOU--you have what is needed for a happy life. If we all used the six together more often, life would be easier for everyone. Because, everybody makes mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy!! and so true!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete