Wednesday, November 3, 2010

-A Girls First Love

I remember as a little girl falling in love, with my daddy. He was the tallest, strongest, most handsome man I had ever met.

He protected me from evil and showered me with gifts and kisses. Whenever the going got tough he could always fix it for me.

What more could a girl ask for??

Of course I was only 21 inches long at the time, but I admit the love affair continued until I reached my adult height of 5'8".

My father loves my mother. He loves me and my siblings. He loves the Lord with a deep abiding love that shows as he wipes a tear from his eye.

I am so excited to go see him this week. I admit it has been too long since I have been home, too many needs with my own children here on the opposite coast of the country.

A girl always holds a tender place in her heart for her first love. It is hard for any man to measure up. I am thankful that when I brought home the man I would marry, my dad treated him with respect and kindness. Any thing my young husband did not know how to do and daddy thought he should know, he lovingly and patiently taught him.

Thank you Daddy, for always being there for me. Thank you for slipping the extra cash in my pocket when we were young and poor. Thank you for the compliments on my pretty dresses. Thank you for teaching me what a good man should be. Thank you for being a good grandpa to my children. Thank you for loving mama, for loving me, and for loving the Lord.

I am so excited to come see you and give you a birthday kiss in person. I am so excited to feel your arms around me.

Yes, a girl always remembers her first love.

Happy Birthday Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment