Tuesday, November 2, 2010

-Pack It Up

I spent yesterday helping a friend pack up and get ready to move

far, far away from here.

I am sad for me.

She will be close to her family, it is good for her.

Sad for me.

We have been friends for almost 20 years, through thick and thin (literally), rebellious teenagers, eleven weddings, hospital stays and brand new grand babies.

Talking to my friend and hearing her stories always reminds me that my family is normal.

I will miss that comfortable reminder.

Even though the miles will now separate us, our memories (and blogging) will still keep us close.

Life is here to enjoy the journey,

even though the road sometimes takes a few twists and turns you were not planning on.

The trick is to keep your eyes open and smile as you go.

Travel safe, my friend. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for always being there for me!! You are a true friend!! I love you, too!!

    ReplyDelete