Monday, November 15, 2010

-Home

Today I am enjoying my newest granddaughter. She is asleep in her swing with quiet music playing. She looks so peaceful.

I know how she feels.

A relaxing day at home, surrounded by the people and things you love, is a good investment in time.

So many people just have to get out and go-- every day--WHY??

To me, a day at home without the need to leave is a blessing.

I am not able to stay at home often enough.

Don't get me wrong--I have been enjoying the travel opportunities I have been given. And I feel like a day visiting one of my children or going to my parents home is like a day at a family getaway house.

Some homes are large and fancy. Some homes small and humble.

Sometimes our home is neat and tidy, sometimes it is a riot of projects and people droppings, yet it is home.

Love and memories make it home. Joy and happiness make it comfortable. Good food and enjoyable conversation keep it welcoming.

Yes, be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment