Friday, November 5, 2010

-Travel

I packed my bags again.

Got on the plane and enjoyed the trip across the country.

As I looked out of the window of the plane, the land below reminded me of a patch work quilt.

Some squares green, some brown, some with a round design in the middle.

I could see the cloud line very distinctly. like the fluffy batting that keeps a quilt soft and snuggly.

At the end of the trip my mom and dad wrapped their arms around me and gave me a warm hug and kiss.

I have lived in my own home for 38 years, but no matter how old you are it feels good to go home.

As I settled in for the night I looked around the room and saw pictures of my children and grandchildren. Pictures of me and my siblings as small children were there as well.

No matter how many years or miles separate me from my childhood, it is good to come home for a visit every now and then.

I snuggle under the quilt on the bed in my parents home and talk to my sweetheart on the phone.

I am a little girl in my parents home.

I am a wife, mother and grandmother, managing my family over the phone.

Many responsibilities, joys and memories on both sides of the contenient.

Thank goodness for telephones and computers to keep us in touch with those that we love when we can't be together.

Airplanes and cars take the thousands of miles that separate me from those that I love and narrow the distance.

Yes, I packed my bags again.

1 comment: