Tuesday, November 30, 2010

-Life in the Busy Lane

I had such good intentions--write a blog entry every day last week. I have many blessings to be thankful for and I had ideas jumping out of my head.

But, alas, real living needed more attention than I had hours in my days.

Beds to make so my visiting grandchildren had a place to sleep.

Rooms to clean so the cobwebs wouldn't scare anyone.

Food to purchase and cook so the troops would not starve.

Babies to hold and kiss.

Little ones to play with and listen to.

Pies to bake.

Turkey and the trimmings to prepare and serve--a feast for the best of guests--
My family that I love.

I was missing two of my children, but they were close in my heart. (and on the phone)

This is the best time of year to reflect on all that is good. I am sure there is plenty that needs attention and improvement--but, let's choose to focus on the many rich, wonderful and good blessings that we all have.

Yes, I live in the busy lane right now, but it is busy with family that I love. I am richly blessed. I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment