Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ada May

Our third celebration for Birthday Week in August is recognition of the newest addition to our family:

Adalyn May was born at 2:37 this afternoon--Thursday, August 26, 2010.

She weighed 7 pounds 1ounce

She is 20.5 inches long

She has long fingers and toes, blue eyes and a good covering of dark hair.

After a long ordeal she made her entrance. Mom and baby are resting well and the whole family is elated. I was privileged to be with Cara through the laboring hours. Reached back to my youth and pulled up the Lamaze techiniques I used to deliver my own babies. I was proud of Cara. As with all other aspects of this pregnancy, her labor and delivery were more difficult than her other babies, but she made it and has a beautiful daughter for the effort. Cara is glowing with joy, Greg is beaming, while Eden and Connor are bouncing with excitement.

Cara often reminds me that very baby is a gift from God and a reason to celebrate. Sometimes the circumstances are not ideal, but every baby is a gift and it is up to us to make the best of even the worst circumstances.

Baby Ada is privileged to be born into a loving home where she is welcomed by parents who love her and love each other. Her siblings are thrilled to have a baby sister to love and be with. I am thankful my daughter has made good choices that put her into a situation where she can live in joy and happiness. It is true that sometimes life gets crazy with challenges, but when you have a foundation that is strong, your house of life can withstand the hurricanes of living and stand strong.

I am so happy for you Cara. I am proud to be your mother. I am thrilled to have another baby to love and cherish. Thank you for blessing me so richly.

Happy Birthday Baby Ada!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment