Saturday, August 28, 2010

WHIRLWIND

Last week at this time I was in Indiana enjoying a football game that Dallin was playing. It was a quick few days with Michael and his family. Kendra and I painted furniture for 3 bedrooms in preparation for the completion of the basement and arrival of their new baby due in a month. We worked, laughed and enjoyed the children in the quick week I was there.

Sunday I was scheduled to fly back to Raleigh, but chose to skip my connection in DC to join up with Shawna's family. They flew from Baltimore to Germany on Monday morning. A few extra hands with the 5 kids and mountain of bags is desirable. After dropping off their rental car, Dave and I enjoyed the drive back to NC.

Tuesday was a quick unpack and repack of the suitcase in preparation for the trip to Charlotte. I baked a cake in celebration of Cooper's Birthday and loaded up the car with baby clothes.

Wednesday I drove to Charlotte just in time for Cara to run to the Doctor. Baby Ada was on the way.

On Thursday my family grew again when Ada was born. Beautiful, perfect baby girl.

Friday Dave and I headed out to Georgia to pack up the few remaining things from Shawna's house. After 2 years on the market it has finally sold. It is a beautiful old historic house that I loved and am sorry to say goodbye to, but a house is a house, memories and family make it a home.

Today I am back in Charlotte for a few days to help take care of children while Mama and baby get settled into their new routine.

This is a busy, hectic time of my life. I am privileged to have six active children who keep me jumping. I am privileged to have my six children married to spouses who allow me to be a part of their lives. I am privileged to have 15--almost 16--grandchildren who love me and I love them.

My life is a whirlwind. I am tired, but happy. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment