Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooper

Today is the beginning of Birthday Week in August.

We begin with Cooper. He is 6 years old and a joy to be around. The other day he and I were talking about names and relationships in our family. All of a sudden I had a senior moment and couldn't remember his full name so I asked him--"Cooper, what is your middle name??" I knew his name was right on the tip of my tongue only I could not spit it out. With his big dimpled smile he replied "Cooper!!" Then I remembered that his name is J Cooper. A unique name for a unique little boy.

Cooper went to Kindergarten orientation last spring then came back and announced that he had done the kindergarten thing and was ready for first grade!! If only it was that easy. He started Kindergarten two weeks ago and is trying to get an understanding for all of the rules and expectations. He is a tenderhearted little guy who makes me happy. He is a whiz at math and has taught himself to read. I know he will do well in school.

Cooper lives on chocolate milk. He has great rhythm when playing Rock Band with his family, he likes to go camping and entertains himself for hours with his DS.

Last year when his mother was quite sick with her pregnancy he and I were great companions, he went everywhere with me. I am glad we got to spend that time together. It is a privilege to be friends with your grandchildren.

Happy Birthday Cooper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment