Monday, August 30, 2010

Angel Baby

Today is celebration number 5 of Birthday Week in August.

Six years ago today Caroline Elizabeth was born.

We knew before she was born that her life would be fragile. We were blessed to have her for 199 days.

Caroline is Michael and Kendra's third child and second daughter. Her memory gives our family joy and direction.

When the family gets together I often inadvertently set a place for her. When we all sit down and a place is empty, I remember.

After Caroline passed away Kendra gave me the curtains from her bedroom--pink eyelet--that I made into little dresses for her sister and cousins who were girls. They were sweet little dresses, plain and simple. I made 4 of them. Now the cousins who weren't born at the time are growing into the dresses.

Life keeps going on. Babies are born, the family is growing. Memories are sweet. Occasionally the tears flow when tender thoughts are close.

For all of the rest of my life she will always be Baby Caroline.

Sweet Angel Baby.

I love you baby Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment