Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cara

Blog entry # 100

Day 2 of Celebration Week in September.

Today we celebrate Cara's Birthday.

Cara is my third daughter and fourth child. She is married to Greg and together they have a handsome son and two beautiful daughters. Cara has found her place in the world and is a very happy wife and mother. She enjoys her role as nurturer. She nurtures her husband. She nurtures her children. She nurtures her home. She nurtures her garden. She nurtures her friends. She nurtures her relationship with God. She even remembers to nurture herself occasionally.

When Cara does something, she does it to perfection. Sometimes I could get a complex. I teach her how to bake and her cookies are perfect--every time. I teach her how to crochet--and all of her stitches are even and neat. I teach her how to sew--and every seam is stick straight. Every generation is supposed to be better than the last--Cara is definitely better than her mother.

When Cara was a little girl she would walk up and down the street making friends with the lonely retirees who lived on our block. She brightened their days and they loved her dearly. Now teenagers and young adults come to her for love and guidance. She gently shows them the way by her counsel and actions.

I spent a lot of time in Cara's home this year. When I went back a few weeks ago it was a joy to walk in and find my daughter downstairs. Her home sparkled with her special touch. Her children smiled and laughed with her care. Her husband glowed as she showered him with welcoming attention. Cara is a nurturer. She is a woman filled with love and kindness. She is an inspired mother, tender, gentle and unselfish. Every generation is supposed to be better. Cara has taken what I have taught and made it so much better. I am proud to be her mother.

Happy Birthday, Boo.

1 comment: