Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Change

September

I love spring and summer.

Lazy slow days--at least in my mind--no need to put on a coat or shoes. I am not freezing.

No alarms, schedules slow down.

Today is the first day of September. Change is in the air.

School has started.

Soon the weather will change--some will rejoice--I will freeze.

Schedules have changed--homework, catch the bus, hurry to bed, set the alarm.

Hurry seems to be a word for winter.

Poor Connor has had a lot of change in his life this week. School started and his new baby sister came all at the same time. Today I reminded him that by Halloween everything would be better. He asked how?? Time is my answer. By Halloween we will be used to the new changes in our lives that fall has brought. Time helps us adapt to the changes in our lives and understand them better.

The only constant thing in our lives is change.

My mom often reminds me that:

This Too Shall Pass

Everything must eventually change. Even the good things change. Our ability to manage the challenging improves with time and practice.

Eventually everything changes.

It is our attitude that makes the changes easy or challenging. Some changes are welcome, some are not.

Change is in the air.

Attitude is the key in change. Only I can control my attitude.

If a situation is not the best the only person to change it is me.

Change is in the air. I control my attitude.

September is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment