Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Man

Today is day three of Celebration Week in September.

There is a man who joined our family 10 years ago who makes my daughter very happy, and that makes me very happy, too. He dotes on my daughter and is a fantastic father to his children. Greg and I spent quite a bit of time together this year taking care of my daughter and his wife. We prepared many meals together, we did laundry together, we cared for the children together. After that much togetherness most men would be glad to never see their mother-in-law again, yet he has invited us to come for a visit, maybe because I bring his father-in-law along and that means they can watch football together.

Today is his birthday. Another year older and certainly, after this last year, he is much wiser. I appreciate how he has cared for his sick wife. He managed the children like a champ while mom was bed bound. Whatever Cara needed he was quick to make it happen as best he could. He is patient, kind and gentle. The day his new baby was born, tears of joy were spontaneously shed. He is a giant of a man--the kind of man every mother prays her daughter will find.

I am so glad that Greg chose to be a part of our family. I am so glad that Cara chose Greg, he is a keeper.

Happy Birthday, Greg. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment