Monday, September 13, 2010

Peaches

Today I have 2 boxes of peaches waiting to be prepared for winter delight.

As a young girl I remember walking home from Grandma's house with a jar of frozen peaches for a treat. Winter was warmed by the taste of delicious summer peaches in a sweet syrup. Grandma's freezer was always filled with jars of amber goodness.

Today as I put on my apron and start the stovetop cooking I am thinking of my grandma. I am hoping that as I bring out the summer bounty in the cold of winter, I too, can make happy memories for my family. Continuing a family tradition for another generation is important work.

The sun is shining-- warm--not hot. The flowers are in full bloom. The birds are chirping.
I feel happy inside.

It is a perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. I helped Crystal can some tomatoes...brought lots of memories back for me, too!! Glad to hear you're having a perfect day!! I'll be flying ack to NC next Tuesday, the 21st. Make some time for me!! Love you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete