Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day in our household has been just that over the years--a day to labor.

For the last 8 years it was crunch time-get ready for pre school to start. Moving furniture, playground clean up, toy sanitizing, getting our selves ready for the invasion of twelve to twenty 3&4 year olds.

This year we went through the same work but for a different purpose. The pre school did not start at my house this year. All is quiet today in my home, no tears, squeals or jumping little feet.

The clean up was after a summer of visiting little grandchildren. We moved the bed out of my sewing room that served as a make shift bedroom. We washed sticky handprints off of the toys from a summer of entertainment. I put the lid back on the sand box and put the little pool away for the season.

All is quiet in my home today. I am at home for a change, no road trip needed this week, baby and mama are doing well. My house is still and tidy. My calendar is all of a sudden open after a very full year.

It was Labor Day a year ago that Shawna and her family arrived for the birth of her new baby. It has been quite the year. A year of babies. Sweet joy for this busy grandma.

Yes, my house is quiet and clean today. I will take a few days to put myself together and make a plan for all of the things I have not done this last year. I will keep the toys ready for when the little ones show up again. I will mix up some cookies to have ready. I will plan for the holidays.

Today my house is quiet. I will enjoy the stillness.

Soon little ones and their parents will come to visit. I will be prepared. I will enjoy.

Pre school started without me this year. I have a new job.

I am a full time grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment