Thursday, December 2, 2010

-Slow Down and Smell the Pine

There is a nip in the air and colorful lights in the dark. The smell of fresh cut pine is intoxicating. It is a joyous time of year when we slow down and savor the moments that are upon us.

My daughter called from Germany and said they have about 2 feet of snow on the ground--I will enjoy that one vicariously--I am happy to drive on clear streets as I go about my shopping.

Truthfully, I have so many packages to mail that I am learning to shop with my fingers on the computer keys. It is much more delightful than fighting the crowds and standing in line at the post office. I did quite a bit of my shopping this week and only ventured out of my house to take a walk in the neighborhood. It has been a wonderful, quiet week at home putting up my Christmas decorations and enjoying the sounds of the season from the comfort of my family room.

I enjoy carols on the stereo, the smell of delicious foods to serve my family and the pretty lights. Give me a warm quilt and a heartfelt Christmas story to read and my day is complete.

It is a magical time of year. I choose to be happy and go slow enough to smell the pine, but fast enough to get it all done. A balancing act that can be done, slow and steady with a ready smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment