Monday, December 20, 2010

Brody

Brody--grandchild number 11 celebrates his birthday today.

Brody loves his grandpa. He knows grandpa is a willing participant in movie marathons. Grandpa is also a pushover for sweet treats and endless ball passes.

The last time his family made the long trek to our home the first thing Brody said to us was, "It sure took a long time to get here!" --and I must agree with him, but every mile is worth the effort.

Brody is kind in the way he treats others. He is quick to compliment when he sees the opportunity. Last summer when I was visiting I was getting ready to go out with his mother. I had my hair up in hot rollers trying to control the frizz. Brody walked by and saw my different hair arrangement and came back for a second look. Then he smiled and told me I looked pretty. Thank you, Brody!

Brody loves to build with legos and line up his cars. He jumps on the trampoline and has endless energy to run, slide and swing. He says funny things that makes us laugh. He is a child who is cherished and it shows in his personality.

Brody is gentle with his baby brother and rough with his older brother--just like a boy should be. His giggle is infectious. I enjoy listening to him 'read' as the family gathers every evening for scripture study.

I am thankful we were able to spend a few days with him last week. When you are turning 4 you need reminders that you have a grandpa and grandma who love you very much even though we live many miles away.

Happy Birthday Brody. Grandma and Grandpa love you

No comments:

Post a Comment