Sunday, December 19, 2010

-Carols

Today at church the choir sang many carols for a wonderful Christmas celebration. My son Kevan and daughter Teri sang in school choirs over the years and I loved going to their concerts. I miss those opportunities.

As we sang the carols and hymns of the season today my heart was full. I thought about my Savior and the great gift he has offered me. I am thankful the world stops for a moment at this time of year to recognize His birth.

As I thought of that young couple looking for a place to stay and finding none, I realized that they probably did find the most quiet, peaceful place in the bustling city of Bethlehem. The inns were so full and noisy--yes, out back was definitely better.

I thought of Joseph and what a good, strong, honorable man he was. He was trusted to love Mary and raise Jesus. He was in tune to spiritual things and protected and taught Jesus. He was a good man.

I thought of Mary and her great calling and responsibility. She is truly honored among women.

I hope that I was in the heavenly choir that sang to the shepherds. Today I sang from my seat in the chapel, Joy to the World.

My heart is full as I listen and sing the songs of the season. I contemplate my many blessings. It is a great time of the year. I am richly blessed.

My grandaughter told me she hopes to be in the school choir next year--I will enjoy going to her concerts.


No comments:

Post a Comment