Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mark

The last birthday entry for Birthday Week in December is for my brother, Mark.

Mark was born just 17 months after me and our little sister just 18 months after him--my mother had her hands full with 3 little ones under 3.

Mark is a hard worker. He built a road on my parents property that has a pretty bend to it. He also moved boulders around the back of the house area creating a rock staircase and a pretty visual separation from yard area and natural acreage. He helped lay the wood floor and do the tile work in the kitchen. Mom is quite pleased with the pretty things he did for her new house.

Mark has always had a tender heart. He has always been kind to his friends and a friend to the friendless. Sometimes he is a bit gruff--I think that is to protect his tender heart.

Mark got married this last summer. Shelley is a kind woman who brings out good things in my brother. I have not seen him this happy or content in years. I pray for their continued joy as they walk the path of marriage together.

Happy Birthday, Mark. May it be a good year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment