Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Annual Report

I decided to start a blog last year and the first entry was on February 15th--Happy Anniversary

This is post number 162--that is a lot of thoughts

Over the course of the year I welcomed two new grandchildren into the world and celebrated 28 family birthdays.

We have continued work on our home improvement projects by painting the outside of our house and plenty of other inside projects like the ongoing bathroom remodel and constant organizing

I took a long trip to Azerbaijan to visit my daughter and her family

Other trips for the year included Hawaii, California, Utah, Colorado, Indiana, Washington DC, and Virginia.

I enjoyed a summer of visiting grandchildren--and their parents

I spent many hours doing the thing that I enjoy most--taking care of my home and family by cooking and doing the laundry, vacuuming and dusting.

I spent many hours taking care of church responsibilities which has helped me understand myself better

This blog thing started because I had foot surgery and could not get off of the couch for a few weeks. I am glad to be able to walk again, but the thinking time has been beneficial.

It is good to take notice of personal growth of both mind and body. Because of the hampered movement this last year I have a greater interest in healthy eating. Stopping to think is necessary in this noisy world to figure out who you are and what you stand for.

When I look in the mirror lately I gasp even louder than I did last year at this time, but the wrinkles and grey hairs are well earned--I have 16 grandchildren and another on the way

I am richly blessed. I come from a good heritage and am married to a wonderful man. I have 6 children who are a delight and they have given me the opportunity to love their spouses who enrich my life.

I have challenges and shortcomings--don't we all?? As I write I am trying to figure it all out.

I have discovered that life is good and I am happy to be here.

I have also discovered that life is a challenge, but if I keep a positive attitude the challenges are easier to deal with.

Yes, it has been a good year and the future is bright.

James F. Clarke is credited with saying:

"Strong convictions precede great actions"

I am a woman with strong convictions and I hope that by writing about them I am taking action to make my corner of the world a happier and better place.





1 comment: