Friday, February 4, 2011

Dinner

There seems to be a lot of interest lately for something that is as old as time and families on the earth--Dinner.

It is true that we all need to eat.

Sometimes our choice of food and the amounts add up to too much (large portions has turned into a large me)--that is my focus lately--how to get back to the portion of food that is appropriate for the portion of me I should be.

But there is a more important reason for family dinner.....We have been reminded that as a family eats together you build family bonds that will last throughout their lives. I agree with that.

When my children were living at home we ate together most every night--most families do not do that any more. I have fond memories of my children gathered around the table and the fun conversations that came up as we discussed our day.

I also have fond childhood memories of sitting together with my siblings and parents, enjoying the meal and each others company. My mom and dad still make dinner at home most every day.

There is a group of ladies in my area who have decided to get together and exchange recipes and ideas. We are planning on meeting often to encourage each other to keep up the work of family dinners that do not add to a mother's middle section.

I am excited for this opportunity.

My mother has met with a group of ladies that she calls her 'club' since I was a little girl. I always wanted to be part of a group like that--friends who come together for a common interest that meet often to share ideas. The last time I was visiting my mom she invited me to go with her to her 'club' meeting. I was thrilled for the opportunity. It is the first time in my life I was invited to go and I had a great time.

Well, I am off to my first 'club' meeting. I have a lo-cal recipe in hand and a lifetime of ideas in my head. I am committed to try to loose at least a pound of extra me a week until summer arrives and I am hoping this incentive will do the trick.

Dinner at home together will be the reward. What are you cooking tonight??

No comments:

Post a Comment