Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lovely and of Good Report

This week we celebrate Kendra's birthday. I have known Kendra for over 15 years--half of her life. My son brought her home after they became friends in high school. She was the only girl he ever dated, the only girl he ever had a social interaction with, the only girl he has ever loved, and being the wise man that he is, he knew a good thing when he saw it and married her.

Kendra was patient while Michael left for two years to preach the gospel. She studied what he taught her about spiritual things and decided they were standards she wanted for herself, and now she teaches them to her children.

Kendra has energy and spiritual strength. She amazes me with her organizational skills. Kendra is kind and loving. She welcomes me into her home with grace and I feel comfortable there. Her home is a reflection of the life she and Michael have made together, peaceful joy.

Whenever Kendra and I get on the phone together, invariably we end up laughing at everyday antics of kids and family. I love our conversations. Like most young women she had to take a while to understand her mother in law, but, I think we do quite well together.

Kendra is an amazing mother to her children, a wonderful wife to my son and a good friend. Whenever I think of the phrase, "if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things", I think of Kendra.

Happy Birthday, Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment