Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother

Last week Jared Dean spoke at church on home and family. I really enjoyed his talk and have thought about it a lot. When he was speaking about the role of a mother in the home he shared these thoughts:

Most of a mother's time should be spent with her children
A mothers greatest teaching will be to teach her children about God
Teach the children that home is a good place to be
Make sure your home is warm and loving so the children want to be there

I may not have always had the tidiest of homes, but I have strived for a home that reflected the love I feel for my husband, family and God. Clean enough to be healthy yet cluttered enough to be fun. Keeping the balance just right is a trick I am still trying to get right. You know the balance is good enough when you have been away for a while then come back and it feels so good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Marta you are a wonderful mother and friend!!! Happy Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete