Monday, May 3, 2010

The Role we Play

I have spent a lot of time lately in my children's homes. Sometimes I have been the main caregiver for my grandchildren as their parents have been away or sick. Last summer we took a trip with our 8 year old grandchildren that was awesome. Sometimes my grandkids need the respite that grandma's home offers. I have enjoyed these experiences very much. Each one has given me insight and opportunities to get to know the grandchildren better.

As the grandchildren are growing older I watch my children parent. I am amazed at their patience, love and creativity when they deal with situations as they arise. I heard a talk recently that spoke of the role each person in a family fills. Basically the father provides and protects while mother nurtures and teaches. What then is the child's role?? To be obedient and learn. Too bad they thought their role was to laugh and play. Maybe we can combine the two.


No comments:

Post a Comment