Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pure Love

Last week my husband and I were discussing the job we did in raising our 6 children from babies to where they are now. We mentioned a few things we wish we could go back and enjoy more, or do better, but, the one thing I try to remember is that I did the best I could. I was not a perfect mother then or now, but I tried to teach my children to be kind, loving and responsible, and I think they are.

I remember President Gordon B. Hinckley saying at a conference I attended "you will make mistakes as parents. But, if mother loves father and father loves mother and together they love the children everything will turn out alright." My children were still young when I heard that statement and it has stuck with me through the years. I think I have been holding it to President Hinckley as a promise.

This I know, I love my husband and I know he loves me. We love our children and now in-laws and grand children very much. If love can heal all, I am giving it my everything.

I heard this statement at church last week:
Parents should be examples of kindness and pure love.
As I go through life I am still learning what pure love is. But, the more I learn the more I try. I hope prayer is also an equalizer in this formula for alrightness. Just remember kids, I'm doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment