Monday, May 24, 2010

A to Z

This week we celebrate the miracle in our family we call Sasha. She was born on the bridge over the Haw River on 15-501 as her parents were hurrying toward the hospital. My grandmother thought she should be named Bridgette because she was born on the bridge or Mitzi because the car she made her debut in was a Mitsubishi. But her parents chose the name Alexandra Zhenya.

She is an amazing little girl who thrills me with her sweetness. She and her cousin Cooper have a very tender relationship that makes me happy. She sings all day long as she goes about her 'work'. She loves order, everything must be in a certain order according to Sash. I walked into the playroom a while back to see all of the kitchen play foods and dishes arranged just right in a circle as she sat in the middle grinning from ear to ear.

Next week she is coming with her family to visit for a month. I am so excited for this adventure. I am hoping for lots of opportunities to make happy memories while they are here. I know Alexandra will give me many moments to smile and giggle at her antics as she goes about discovering the world in her own Sasha way. The family and her friends call her Sasha, but to me she is Alexandra, a little queen in her own right.

Happy Birthday Alexandra. Grandma loves you.

1 comment: