Saturday, May 29, 2010

Old Friends

I have a lovely room in my home named the sewing room. I have to guard it carefully. When the kids were young they would take my scissors and cut PAPER with them!! Over the years if a family member did not know where to put something invariably it would end up in the sewing room. WHY??? Like I said, I need to guard the room carefully.

A year and a half ago we had two major family life changing events at the same time followed by a few more. I got very busy trying to live life and keep up with who knows what and I forgot that I needed to guard my sewing room carefully. I looked in there the other day and was overwhelmed with what I couldn't find--the floor!! It was missing--hidden by a mountain of things that had no business in the sewing room.

I spent the bigger portion of the week searching for my long lost friend and I finally found it. It is a beautiful white painted floor with a blue stencil. I love my floor, I painted it myself. I love my sewing room, it is where I go to create. Today my sweet husband was as excited to see my old friend as I was. To celebrate the return of my old friend we went dancing--in the sewing room, on the pretty floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment