Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 in the Bed

My daughter and her sweetheart are off and I have the privilege of caring for their children while they are gone. Eden and I have been having fun taking care of household matters while her brother is at school.

I have been a preschool teacher for almost as many years as I have been an adult. I have learned that almost everything a mom and child does at home can be a learning experience.

Yesterday, Eden and I practiced our backwards counting. It started innocently enough with the need to make the beds and soon we were bouncing and singing and counting.

When I went to climb into my bed last night there was hardly room for me--Eden had piled all of her stuffed animals and dolls into the bed and I felt like saying--"toys in the bed and the grandma said 'Roll over, roll over' So they all rolled over, and one fell off, leaving......."

After a short nights sleep--5:30m comes so early--Eden and I are off to enjoy our day. Hope you enjoy yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment