Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dorothy May

Today is the anniversary of my Mother in law's birthday. She was born January 18, 1924. She lived her entire life in the state of Utah and most of it within a few miles of Ogden. She ventured out a few times for TDY and to come visit her children as they moved around, but mostly she was a stay close to home kind of girl.

She spent most of her life in the single lane, though her few years of marriage gave her a son and daughter that she adored. Her children gave her 9 grand children and before she passed away her great grand children numbered 18.

She bought a cute little house up on 3rd street where she lived for more than 45 years. She loved her little house and kept it neat, tidy and updated. She loved to go uptown to shop and she had the same hairdresser that she visited weekly for over 30 years.

Mom was passionate about some things and passive about others and you never knew when the passion might come out. She had closets full of clothes and enjoyed jewelry and shoes. She loved food as long as it was not chicken, and a snack of cheese, nuts or candy was always welcome.

My husband and I were with her most of the last month of her life. It was good to share those quiet moments. She had been my mother in law since I was 18, we shared our lives for 35 years. I loved her very much and I miss her. I hope she thought I took good care of her grand children and was a good wife to her son.

Dorothy May Butcher was a mother and grandmother filled with love for her family. Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment