Friday, January 21, 2011

January R&R

My sweetheart brought me along on his business trip this week. We have been in Colorado Springs. Every year he seems to have a week long trip in January and since the children have been on their own, he has invited me to join him. It has become my yearly R&R trip.

I take the time to catch up on 'me':
  • reading a novel
  • cleaning out my email
  • long soaking baths
  • crocheting
  • home improvement shows
  • sleeping in
  • taking a walk
  • looking out the window and dreaming
  • working on preschool lesson plans
  • crocheting
  • reading some of my favorite magazines
I don't usually venture out of the hotel too far--I am not that adventuresome. I am especially happy if the room has a microwave and a fridge. If they provide free breakfast it is a bonus. Sometimes I look like a squirrel gathering food and utensils to provide for lunch in the room.

It snowed while we were here on Wednesday night. It was cold and blustery outside. My sweetheart and I looked at the weather, and then the stash in the fridge I had accumulated, and decided to stay in. We had quite the feast of Mexican left overs, comfort food left overs (steak, potatoes and veggies), some soup for an appetizer, orange slices to garnish the plates, and warm cookies for dessert--It was delicious.

We were to be in the hotel 5 nights. The second night we had to change rooms because the air quality in our non smoking room diminished, courtesy of one of our neighbors. During the third day this same sneaky neighbor encouraged us to change again. When my sweetheart came back from work early that day he got quite the surprise when he went to our room and it was being cleaned. The housekeeper told him that the people in the room had checked out!! Thank goodness for cell phones.

I did this to my sweetheart one other time, while we were in England, and our cell phones did not work--eventually we found each other again. I look quite comical as I repack our suitcases and try to haul two peoples gear from room to room. Then there was the night we changed rooms in California and my daughter could not remember the change and did not know where we were.

The people here have been so friendly and kind. It has been a pleasure to take my January R&R in Colorado Springs. Today we catch a flight home. I have Saturday to do some laundry and repack my bag before I head out on Sunday afternoon. Charlotte is my destination and a week of fun with the grandchildren while their mom and dad go on their own January business trip R&R. It should be a fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment