Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reviews

After 3 days of service I had two contradicting reviews of my grandparent skills.

Review #1
"You're not that old--You are a good grandma--Grandma's are supposed to be fun--right?"

Review #2
"You don't do it like my mom"

Also heard from the back seat, " I am lucky--I chose good parents!"

I have to agree with that last statement, my grandchildren all chose good parents.

I also agree with review #2--I don't do it just like mom, but I have learned that your very own mom is the best mom for you. No one loves you as much as your own mother, no one understands you as well as your own mother. A grandma loves you and cares about you, she has your best interest at heart as well as experience and time on her side, but she is not as good as your very own mother. But, sometimes change is good for both mom and child --change is as good as a rest and helps you appreciate what you sometimes take for granted.

As a side note, I remember now how I was able to stay thin when the children were small--no time to eat and you run all day long. Guess more grandma time is needed to loose these extra 20 pounds. Okay everyone--get out the calendar and sign up for your week. We'll call it the grandma workout, you will be doing me a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment